In a few weeks, three to be precise, NKR will organize their semi-annual kendo shinsa. On the 26th of May, while attending the ‘central training’ in Amsterdam, you are given the opportunity to grade for a new rank.
If you would like to take the examinations, please ensure that you are well prepared.
- Have a short chat with sensei, for advice and pointers regarding weak points in your kendo.
- Go over the requirements as set out by NKR: ages and fees and general requirements.
- Read our short shinsa preparation guide.
- If you’re rusty on kata (why?!), read our kata study page for a good start.
- Try to bring somebody who can record your exam on film. It will help you develop your kendo!
- If you’re going for a dan grade, don’t forget to bring your yellow registration card.